Make sure you know what you’re looking for when checking your Plumbers or Gas Engineers ID card.
At THS Plumbing and Heating Northampton, all our plumbers/boiler engineers carry a Gas Safe ID card on them. You should never be afraid to ask to see any of our plumbers Gas Safe ID card! OR any boiler engineers for that matter.
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe ID card. (All THS Plumbers do) You should never be afraid to ask to see it when they arrive at your property to carry out gas work. (And remember to check the front and back of the card.) Why?
What details to check on the front of the Gas Safe ID card:
- The engineer’s photo – Take a few seconds to look at your engineer and the photo (minus a haircut, and possibly a few wrinkles, ha ha ha.)
- The start and expiry dates
- The licence number
- The security hologram
- The engineer is from the business you employed – Unless otherwise told by the company you rang up, always check its the right company you employed!
What details to check on the back of the Gas Safe ID card:
- The engineer is qualified to carry out the gas job you’ve employed them to do – You should take a few minutes to read what each category means on the ID Card
- Their qualifications are up-to-date
Check your engineer is Gas Safe registered by using the Gas Safe webiste, online check an engineer service, calling Gas Safe Register on 0800 408 5500 or texting GAS and the engineer licence number to 85080.
Remember, Gas is very dangerous, be safe and do your checks.